Tuesday, November 6, 2007

While I was being a lump this past weekend...

I rediscovered a piece of computer equipment that I failed to return to the Apple Store within the allotted time period they allow for this (an arbitrary 14 days??). Rather pay whatever re-stocking fee Jobs and Co. decide to levy, I decided to keep the thing.
Airport_express.jpg
Airport Express with Airtunes is a multi-function piece of equipment in a very small package. (3.7 inches x 2.95 inches x 1.12 inches) It let’s you surf the web wirelessly, connect to your existing wireless network to strengthen or extend your signal. Use it to share a USB printer ], You can use it to stream iTunes to any stereo from any computer (with an AUX connection) which is what I am using it for now. he capability to use and store five different profiles lets you take it on the road and use it for several inter-related purposes.

As with most things Apple, it was a cinch to setup. As a matter of fact it took me longer to round up the cables (which I did have in various places around the house) to connect to the thing than it did to hook it up, install it, and start iTunes. I need a few more of these things. One for each room we gots stereo!

Comes with an ethernet port, a USB port, and a 3.5 mm mini audio socket. This is the same size as your iPod or MP3 player uses. Doesn’t come with any cables though. So you’ve got to provide those yourself.

TexasT’s rates this thingamajig:

TTTTT (5 out of 5 T’s)

0 comments: