Saturday, June 6, 2009

MacJournal and LiveJournal

So apparently Mac-Journal and livejournal and flickr do not play nice together...

Had a license for MacJournal for a number of years now. Stopped using it because I didn’t care much for the formatting constraints. But the changes they’ve made in release 5 have got me rethinking my strategy.

However I have discovered that these three don’t play well together. Or not very well at any rate.

Mac-Journal tends to see only partials of the standard link for photos from flickr. Pain in the ass it is.

But get this. If I paste the link into an entry and then convert it to plain text LJ displays the picture. If I convert the entry back into rich text, the entry displays the picture.

I figure it must be some arcane something or other that I’m missing. I’ll post a question or two in the Mariner Software forums and probably get some snarky answer that makes me feel like a total noob. Just waiting for an account approval from their forum.

But it now supports LJ, and Blogger on which I have multiple accounts...Not sure yet about Wordpress as I haven’t had a chance to test that yet. But from what I’ve read on the forums, it may be a far stretch as yet...

0 comments: